Joining Workout Embassy #WeGetFit



The first time I heard about Workout Embassy was when I met Laila and Nitesh from Passion Coach Plato Indonesia coincidentally at KFC Ratu Plaza. I was there with my friends from BritZone English Community having a chit-chat afrer class. They just had their first session of workout with Workout Embassy. What is that ? Laila explained a bit and  I promised myself to find more information about the club.

As time went by, I did not try to find anything about the club. I was not really sure if I could join since my after office hours are always full. I come to the classes of BritZone on Tuesday, Wednesday. I also hold several meeting if I have on the other days. And I also do several kinds of exercise regularly, whether I do it by myself or I join a club or a community. 


On the second week of August 2017, there were no classes of BritZone English Club due to the library was doing inventory. I almost had no agendas after office hours. So I made a plan a week before. I looked for classes, events, or clubs that I could join for free . On Monday evening, I had a me time. I jogged on Tuesday evening at Soemantri Brodjonegoro Stadium. And on Wednesday evening, I decided to visit Workout Embassy. I did not have any idea about the club at all: how to register and what kind of exercise they do. As far as I know, everyone can join, that’s all.



That Wednesday evening, I went to FX where two of Workout Embassy’s classes are held, another class is held at the 9th Fl of Semanggi Plaza. I arrived around 6.30PM, and the class would be started at 7.30 PM. I joined a small session with my Committee of BritZone at FX 7th floor while waiting. We answered question and gave opinions about a topic or case in English. Yes, the purpose was to practice our English speaking through throwing questions.


The Crowd . Dokpri


At 7.30PM, I did not see them starting the class. Then, I checked again at 7.40PM. They already started the session. I went down stair and joined. I greeted someone who wore their merchandise T-Shirt, I believe he must one of the team or something. I explained that I was new there, and he said to me to join. the participants were introducing theirself when I came.

The way they introduced theirself was unique. We made a big circle. Everyone had to mention his or her name and had to mention one of district names in Greater Jakarta. If what someone mentioned was correct, the other participants had to do squat 3 times, but if someone mentioned a wrong name, let say, he or she mentioned a city of a village in Jakarta instead of district names, we had to do bur-pees 3 times. To make it funny, a warrior consciously mentioned a village name or a district but it is not in Jakarta just to make us do bur-pees. Ohh nooo,,,, hahaha. I suddenly felt welcomed.


They gave us instructions but they did not command us. After we finished introducing everyone, we had a warm up session, a session that is very important to do before doing any physical exercise. It prevents us from having injuries during exercise and makes our body ready for exercise. Someone handed my a form where I had to fill out with my personal information, also it is mentioned that we will not sue them for any injuries that we get by doing exercise together there. Yes, every exercise has its own risk. 


The warrior demonstrates the movement. dokpri


We came to the main session that we had waited. Someone took a role as an MC and explained that we would be divided into three groups: beginners, intermediate and advance depended on our strength. Every level did different  challenge. The higher the level, the harder the movement they had to do. The MC mentioned one by one movement and some volunteers gave a demonstration how to do it in a correct way. I was so amazed that they demonstrated it perfectly. They must exercise regularly. They looked so strong and fit. 


 As that was my very first time, and I did not know where my level was, I chose to be in the beginner level. Every group had one supervisor. The supervisor would assist us if our poses were not correct patiently. They also told us to do it slowly, it is not about the speed, we just had to nail it all. The beginner movements were 20 shoulder tap planking, 3 elbow and stand plankings, and 10 jumping squats per set. And we had to finish 10 sets with a few seconds break between every set. It was easy at the first set, and felt like a bit dying at the tenth set. Oh My, I could not jump perfectly at the last set. Huwaaa,, I started feeling the sore, my legs were shaking but I felt good on my stomach. Sixpacks were coming, lol.  



After ten sets, we had a water break, means we were allowed to drink. But we were advised not to drink too much. My bad, I only had an oz of water, less than a half of my bottle volume. I worried that I would not have enough water until I finished the exercise.


The second session, we’re devided into two groups, the weight gain and the weight loss groups. I belonged to weight loss group. What did I have to loose more ? people said I do not event have fat. But, I just didn’t want to build muscles. I joined exercise just wanting to stay in shape and get fit. That’s all. The weight loss group had to do 30 secs knee trappings, 30 seconds squat-sprint and 30 secs mountain climbers for 3 sets. And the third session we had to do 50 toe taps, and 50 double leg stretch ( I hope I use the correct term). For the third session, I felt lucky because I brought my yoga mat with me when no one did, because the movements required us to lay down on the floor. Could you imagine how hard the floor meets our back bones ? 

The third session. That's my mat

That’s all of our exercise. We closed the session with cooling down and a group picture. Finally. Hahahahaha. 

Before leaving, I think I should get more information about this club, I wanted to write and share the information, hopefully the others can find it would be informative. So I talked to a guy name Supriyono. He wore the orange tee.


After introducing myself, I asked several questions. He told me that this club was officially established at April 1st, 2013. So it has been more than  4 years. This club with its tagline Learn and Give wants to socialize exercise whether by joing to Workout Embassy, the other clubs or even by their own. People have to understand the importance of having physical exercise. They are basically volunteers. They were from several exercise communities.  They do not charge the members a single penny. So where is the give ? They accept donation with no force from their participants and they donate the fund to some orphanage houses around Jakarta or to some schools for street childrens like TK Saaja Penjaringan. Sometimes they got donation by converting KM of running. They converted 1000KM into fund also. I didnt ask how much they got for that 1000KM. They sell merchandise like tees that the volunteers wear in every session, and the profit would be donated also.
my group picture after the session.Which am I ?


They had had exercise session at GBK until the GBK started for a renovation. Then, one of the members is the best friend of the owner of FX ( Oh My, he must be... ) asked permission to hold the session at FX Atrium. If the atrium is occupied, they move to 9th floor of Semanggi Plaza. 

I did not take picture especially during the workout, since I had to do the same also. 

I think what they are doing is very cool. They make people healthy by doing exercise together, at the same time, they collect donation and help the needs. World is so full with kind people. They find a way to do virtue things in life. And the most important is they contribute to the society by what they can do. This is so inspiring. While joining a community itself helps us to stay motivated especially if our motivation is up and down, you meet more people that can be your networks. 


Please make sure that we should have sufficient amount of warming up and cooling down, we bring water and get well hydrated, get cleaned after the session ( we touch dirty floor a lot). We also have to know our limit, be careful, or we will get injured. By knowing our limit, we will know when we have to stop and continue. We have to make sure that we have good motivation doing exercise, hopefully it is not just of social media needs or pride. Do exercise to gain strength, to loss or gain weight, to stay fit or maintain our endurance.


If you would like to know more about this club, you can contact them via their Line account, please search @workoutembassy or visit their instagram account @workoutembassy. 

 If you are looking for a workout community after office hours for free, you can try this one.
So, do you want to workout and donate ? #WeGetFit


Thank you for reading. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mie Ongklok Ter-enak Se Wonosobo

Dwi's Story : Carelessness & Focus

Lebaran Di Tengah Pandemi