Legalisasi Passport : Certifying True Copies of Passport

Hello guys, in case you are looking for a piece information about how to legalize / certify your true copies of passport for the same purpose as mine, here I would like to share you my experience.

And for the first paragraph, I would like to summarize the how to and what to prepare. Why summarize ? Haha, I know it will be my curcol about the whole story of the process. Your time won't be wasted. El Ow El.


So to make it fast in case you don't want to read the whole story or you don't have time now, here we go:

  • my purpose : I certified my copied of passport to fulfill one of the requirements to apply a scholarship program to Brunei Darussalam.
  • Where I made : I went to the immigration office where my passport was issued, that is Immigration office of East Jakarta. It is suggested to go to where your passport was issued, but it is okay to go to other immigration offices, you might be charged some fees.
  • the cost : heeee.... IT WAS FREEEEEE..... ( I celebrated with a heart racing. Lho ?) because I went to the initial place where I applied for my passport. If we go to other immigration offices, we might be subjected some charges. 
  • Doc to prepare
    Passport and the copies
    ID card
    The proof that you are asked to certify your copy of passport, for me, I shown the application from where it states I have to enclose it.
  • How long the process : It took me like 1 hour and a half to get it done. My condition was I arrived at 8.30 and I got the result at 10.00 and the signer wasn't in the office . It could be shorter if I had come earlier. 
  • the copies : they only gave me 3 copies 😭😭😭😭😭 ( it was far, I asked to three of my bosses, and they only gave me THREE)

That's all my summary about certifying the copy of passport. I hope it is useful.


💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗


If you would like to continue reading... actually I was not really sure about the requirement because several scholarships' requirements do not ask for certified true copy of passport.

And after googling, eating and having a cup of coffee, I found there are two ways to certify the document. Some blogs say that we can get it from notary or from immigration office, but I became confused, how if the scholarship provider don't accept the copies from notary ? So,  I emailed the board of the Brunei D scholarship provider to make it clear and the said they accept either.


Then, I was considering about time and money. Which that I have more? We can find notary offices around our places  and certify it and some tell that the cost for each page of copy was Rp.100.000,-. Damn, it is so expensive, they want to make us broke.  How if i want to have more copies ? 
And some say that we have to go to immigration office for free of charge service. But do you have time to go there and wait to your turn ?

It is somehow sad that we happen to choose between you have money or you have time. Me, I don't have both. Lol. So, that day (Tuesday) I didn't decide where to go.

As Time went by, and only 9 days left till the latest submission day, lucky me, on Wednesday, Feb 21, I woke up soooo early, 3 AM.  Yes I went to bed early like 9.30 PM because of the help of medicine. I caught flu. Yes again, I planned to wake up that time to work on the application.

WHATTT ???

9 DAYS LEFT GOD

Then i didn't dare to sleep again.


I decided to go to immigration and asked to my three bosses to let me arrive at office LATE. I compiled my documents that were in some folders. I copied passport and ID card 10 each.

I arrived at the immigration office of East jakarta and asked the reception where to go. A lady behind the desk told me to go to second floor. After another asking, I ended up in a big room with some cubicles.  I wrote my name on the waiting list book next to a lady who was giving a service. I took a seat, and there were only few people, less then 10. Lucky me. I shouted in my head.

I used my waiting time to read and reply some chats. But then I was distracted by the way the madam delivered the information to the person in front of her. I stopped checking my phone and I listened to the information even though it was not for me. The information is somehow useful. And I consciously made some judgements. The madam was very friendly, and the information was clear yet fast, as fast as Shinkanzen. Then I worries if I could not remind all what she said. Furthermore, another judgement, I think that there is no wonder why she speaks fast, probably because shewould like to give a fast and informative services. She might also appreciate other's time to not make them wait too long. Big applause for the service.

My turn came, I introduced myself and explained why I was there for  and I submitted my documents and was asked  to show the proof that this requirement is stated. Lucky me, I printed the application form yesterday and I still kept in my bag. (Upss... Means, that last night I didn't work on the application, lol). Then, She told me to wait for 30 mins till one hour. While waiting, she suggested me to do Dhuha prayer... Oh Myyyy........ She is a stranger but she does care about my praying eventhough she herself could not leave her desk for Dhuha praying. With no hesitation, I left the room and came back 30 mins later.
list of the requirements






Another wait happened. After a few minutes,  was called and I got the documents that I wanted. And they could only give me three copies, no more. Humm,, That's fine. Hopefully I already got a scholarship before the certified copy of passport finished. Alhamdulillah. Amiin.

I am happy with the service.
I thank God that I didn't have a bad experience there and everything went smoothly.💙💙

There are suggestions that I could give if you would like to get the same documents.
  • come early can avoid us from waiting too long
  • prepare your documents very well, make spare copies and save the soft copy in your phone of email that can be obtained without going home. 
  • bring some food and water, in case you have to wait and you become hungry. Psst, the canteen sells food, but that might be expensive. lol



So, that is my story how I got my certified true passport.

Wish me luck with any scholarship that I applied yaaaaa hihihihi. (wink, wink)  💛💛💛

If you have question relating to my experience above, you can drop in comment section below. Still, if you have no question, please comments too. 😘

Thank you for reading, guys. 😇

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mie Ongklok Ter-enak Se Wonosobo

Dwi's Story : Carelessness & Focus

Lebaran Di Tengah Pandemi